What is Data Fiber and Why Do You Need It?
Fiber optics is used by telecommunications companies to transmit Internet, voice and data at the speed of light. Fiber optics has large advantages over legacy copper services for long distance and high demand applications.
Is switching to fiber right for your company?
Absolutely! Here’s why you should switch:
- Reliability – dedicated service speeds 24/7/365. No more time and data losses from frequent cable and Internet interruptions.
- Low attenuation – allows every member of your team to download, upload, stream, access cloud applications, and share files simultaneously… without compromising performance and speed.
- Flexibility – easy update/ upgrades to faster speeds.
- Greater bandwidth— bandwidths of 10Mg to 100Gb when you need it. Legacy Copper maximum speed is 100Mb.
- Cost—steadily decreasing as most carriers no longer support Legacy copper analog services due to an inability of these services to keep up with increased application demands. Carriers may wire entire buildings with fiber rather than install for each client as needed.
- Security– your data is secure. Unlike legacy copper, fiber doesn’t radiate signals and the physical security of fiber is easy to monitor and extremely difficult to tap.